My father and husband lit a big fire at our cottage to burn stuff. There was no wind, but all of a sudden the flames starting burning shrubs and trees up the hill. The bank is very steep. My husband has had his hip replaced, and my Dad is 85. I was the one able to go up and down the hill many times trying to stamp out the flames. They handed me pails of water. I was choking from the smoke and my leg and arm were burned. Fortunately, another man was able to help, but the hose only had a dribble of water coming out of it. It was pretty scary, but we managed to get it under control. I soaked in cold water for over an hour and luckily I have no blistering...only lots of scratches from branches. ....lesson learned.....smaller fires and have buckets of water nearby!