S.S. No. 3 Darling - Halls Mills School
4370 Tatlock Rd., Halls Mills
William Reilly was the first teacher at S.S. No. 3 Darling at Halls Mills in 1858. He was paid 39 pounds at the end of the year. Parents paid 25¢ or ¼ cord of wood for each child who went to the school. Edna Armstrong taught from 1953-1955 and her sister, Ida Guthrie, was the last teacher when the school closed in 1966. It is now a private residence owned by Christine Brodie.