S.S. No. 13 McNab - Glasgow Station School
8th Line McNab Township between Arnprior and Renfrew
Helen Spearman remembers skiing 1 ½ miles to S.S. No. 13 Mc Nab from 1943-1949. The Glasgow Station School was in the hamlet of Glasgow Station. Edna McMillan and Violet McIntyre were two of Helen's teachers. Children used to play ball in a neighbouring field. The rocky playground provided lots of places to hide during games of Hide & Seek. When the school closed, students were bused to a new one built on the Stewartville Road (7th Line McNab). It is now a private residence. Helen’s mother, Margaret Storie, was a teacher in the Pine Grove School in McNab Township.
S.S. No. 15 McNab
This log schoolhouse was built in 1878.