North Elmsley Township
U.S.S. No. 1 Drummond & No. 1 North Elmsley
This brick school was built on land purchased from a Mr. Acheson, William Imeson (Lot 20 Con. 10) and R.A. Wilson. The Merry Makers, a local club, raised money for playground equipment and the installation of electricity. Pearl Richardson was the first teacher in 1914, and Norma Devlin was the last in 1967.
U.S.S. No. 2 Drummond & No. 4 North Elmsley McTavish’s School
When the first log schoolhouse burned down about 1840, Alex McTavish donated land for a schoolhouse across the road from Lot 12 Concession 1 Drummond. In 1940, the school won first prize for the Improvement of Local Schools in Lanark County.