S.S. No. 1 Pakenham - Lower Cedar Hill School
270 Cedar Hill Side Rd., Pakenham
The Cedar Hill Community Centre, formerly S.S. No. 1 Pakenham, was the third schoolhouse on lot 6W Concession 8 Pakenham Township. In 1842, James O’Connor taught in the first log schoolhouse, but it wasn’t big enough, so a second one was built to accommodate 120 students. From 1874-1968 children in Mississippi Mills attended the third schoolhouse shown here. In all, there were 56 teachers over 126 years. George Berlinquette was the first in the third school, and Isobel Sample was the last. The schoolhouse was given heritage status in 1999, and is preserved by The Friends of Cedar Hill School. It is now used as a community hall.
S.S. No. 2 Pakenham - Sadler School
S.S. No. 8 Pakenham - Upper Cedar Hill School
William Lowe donated the timber for the construction of S.S. No. 8 Pakenham which was build c. 1880, two miles from S.S. No. 1 Pakenham.