S.S. No. 1 North Burgess & No. 2 Bathurst
513 Upper Scotch Line Rd., Perth
Built in 1856, this stone structure served as a schoolhouse in North Burgess Township until 1968. The building, now owned by the adjacent cemetery, still contains original wooden desks, a Union Jack flag, old textbooks and some school registers dating back to 1924.
U.S.S. No. 22 South Burgess - Cranworth School
4412 Old Kingston Rd., Portland
The log structure was replaced in 1894 by a large frame building sided with white shiplap with dark corner and window trim. The front porch rose to the peak of the building and was topped with a louvered cupola and bell. On December 23, 1959 the school burned to the ground. By October 1960, a new one-room school was erected at the school site. It was closed in 1967 and became a private residence.